Inward Investment news by country and region
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) was estimated to have increased by 0.3% in Q1 2013, driven by services sector.
- The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) grew by 2.8% in March 2013, unchanged from February.
- Service sector output was estimated to have increased by 2.2% in February 2013, compared with February 2012.
- London’s annual growth in output decreased to 0.1% in Q3 2012 from an upwardly revised 1.5% in Q2 2012.
- London’s annual employment growth increased to 3% in Q3 2012 from 2.6% in Q2 2012.
- Annual house price inflation in London was 4.6% in Q1 2013, up from 0.7% in Q4 2012.
- Real GDP increased at an annual rate of 2.5% in Q1 2013.
- In March 2013, personal income increased $30.9 billion, or 0.2%, disposable personal income (DPI) increased $20.7 billion, or 0.2%, and personal consumption expenditures (PCE) increased $21 billion, or 0.2%.
- The US current account deficit decreased to $110.4 billion, or 2.8% of GDP in Q4 2012, from $112.4 billion or 2.8% of GDP in Q3 2012. For the full year 2012, the current account deficit was $475 billion or 3% of GDP, up from $465.9 billion or 3.1% of GDP in 2011. (more…)