Inward Investment news by country and region
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) was estimated to have increased by 0.6% in Q2 2013, driven by services industries.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) annual inflation was 2.9% in June, up from 2.7% in May.
- The employment rate for March to May 2013 was 71.4%, down 0.1% from December 2012 to February 2013. The unemployment rate for March to May 2013 was 7.8%, down 0.2% from December 2012 to February 2013.
- London’s annual growth in output increased to 0.7% in Q4 2012 from an upwardly revised 0.2% in Q3 2012.
- London’s annual employment growth was 3.1% in Q4 2012, the same rate as the upwardly revised figure for Q3 2012.
- Annual house price inflation in London was 5.2% in Q2 2013, up from 4.6%% in Q1 2013.
- Real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) increased at an annual rate of 1.7% in Q2 2013. Corporate profits decreased $28 billion in Q1.
- In June 2013, personal income increased $45.4 billion, or 0.3%, disposable personal income (DPI) increased $33.6 billion, or 0.3%, and personal consumption expenditures (PCE) increased $59.4 billion, or 0.5%.
- The US current account deficit increased to $106.1 billion, or 2.7% of GDP in Q1 2013, from $102.3 billion or 2.6% of GDP in Q4
- Private employment rose by 3,000 in May 2013 after an increase of 14,900 jobs in April.
- The unemployment rate fell from 8.4% in April to 8.3% in May.
- The Manhattan hotel occupancy rate in May 2013 was 91.9%, up from 91.1% in May 2012.
- GDP fell by 0.3% in the euro area during Q1 2013, compared with the previous quarter. Compared with the same quarter of the previous year, seasonally adjusted GDP fell by 1.1% in the euro area.
- Euro area unemployment was 12.2% in may 2013, up from 12.1% in April.
- The euro area annual inflation was 1.6% in June 2013, up from 1.4% in May.
US Investments into the UK
- Blackline Systems opens new date centre in London
- Johnson & Johnson Opens new office in UK
- Cloudera opens new EMEA HQ in London
UK Investments into the US
- Mimecast opens new American HQ
- Ricardo establishes new business unit in the US
- Hotwire expands US presence
Inward Investment news kindly provided by BritishAmerican Business, which we are a London member