Inward Investment news by country and region
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in volume terms was estimated to have increased by 0.3% in Q1 2013, unrevised from the previously published estimate.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) annual inflation was 2.7% in May, up from 2.4% in April.
- The employment rate for February to April 2013 was 71.5%, down 0.1% from November 2012 to January 2013. The unemployment rate for February to April 2013 was 7.8%, unchanged from November 2012 to January 2013.
- London’s annual growth in output increased to 0.7% in Q4 2012 from an upwardly revised 0.2% in Q3 2012.
- London’s annual employment growth was 3.1% in Q4 2012, the same rate as the upwardly revised figure for Q3 2012.
- Annual house price inflation in London was 6.3% in Q1 2013, up from 4.9%% in Q4 2012.
- Real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) increased at an annual rate of 1.8% in Q1 2013. Corporate profits decreased $28 billion in Q1.
- In May 2013, personal income increased $69.4 billion, or 0.5%, disposable personal income (DPI) increased $57 billion, or 0.5%, and personal consumption expenditures (PCE) increased $29 billion, or 0.3%.
- The US current account deficit increased to $106.1 billion, or 2.7% of GDP in Q1 2013, from $102.3 billion or 2.6% of GDP in Q4 2012.
- GDP fell by 0.2% in the euro area during Q1 2013, compared with the previous quarter. Compared with the same quarter of the previous year, seasonally adjusted GDP fell by 1.1% in the euro area.
- The number of persons employed decreased by 0.5% in the euro area in Q1 2013, compared with the previous quarter. Compared with the same quarter of the previous year, employment fell by 1% in the euro area in Q1 2013.
- The Euro area annual inflation was 1.4% in May 2013, up from 1.2% in April. A year earlier the rate was 2.4%.
US Investments into the UK
- Inception Media Group, LLC opens London office
- DriveCam opens London office
- Vello Systems to invest in Northern Ireland
UK Investments into the US