- Gross Domestic Product was estimated to have decresaed by 0.3% in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- CPI annual inflation was 2.7% in December 2012, unchanged from November. RPI annual inflation was 3.1% in December 2012, up from 3.0% in November.
- Service sector output was estimated to have increased by 1.2% in November 2012 compared with November 2011.
- London’s annual growth in output decreased to 0.1% in Q2 2012 from an upwardly revised 0.9% in Q1 2012.
- London’s annual employment growth increased to 2.6% in Q2 2012 from an upwardly revised 0.9% in Q1 2012.
- Annual house price inflation in London was 0.7% in Q4 2012, down from 2.1% in Q3 2012.
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) declined at an annual rate of 0.1% in the fourth quarter of 2012. GDP grew 2.2% in 2012 overall.
- In December 2012, Personal income increased $352.4 billion, or 2.6%, disposable personal income (DPI) increased $331.3 billion, or 2.7%, and personal consumption expenditures (PCE) increased $22.6 billion, or 0.2% .
- U.S. current-account deficit decreased to $107.5 billion, or 2.7% of GDP in the third quarter of 2012, from $118.1 billion (revised) in the second quarter of 2012, or 3.0% of GDP.
- Private employment fell by 10,300 in December 2012 after a decrease of 16,300 jobs in November. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
- The unemployment rate remained at 8.8% between November and December 2012. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
- The Manhattan hotel occupancy rate in November 2012 was 89.1%, up from 88.4% in November 2011. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
US Investments into the UK
- AVI-SPL Opens UK Office
- Medallia Opens UK Office
- MapR Launches European HQ in UK
- Finn Partners Opens Office in London
- Confio Opens Office in London
- Valspar Launches European HQ in UK
UK Investments into the US
Data kindly provided by BritishAmerican Business, which we are a London member.