- Gross domestic product in volume terms increased by 1.0% in 2012 Q3, unrevised from previous estimate published in October.
- CPI annual inflation was 2.7% in October, up from 2.2% in September. RPI annual inflation was 3.2% in October, upfrom 2.6% in September.
- Service sector output was estimated to have increased by 1.1% in September 2012 compared with September 2011.
- London’s annual growth in output decreased to 0.1% in Q2 2012 from an upwardly revised 0.9% in Q1 2012.
- London’s annual employment growth increased to 2.6% in Q2 2012 from an upwardly revised 0.9% in Q1 2012.
- Annual house price inflation in London was 3.8% in Q3 2012, up froman upwardly revised 2.8% in Q2 2012.
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) grew at an annual rate of 2.7% in the third quarter of 2012. This follows a growth rate of 1.3% in the second quarter of 2012.
- In October, personal income increased $0.4 billion, or less than 0.1%, disposable personal income (DPI) increased $0.8 billion, or less than 0.1%, and personal consumption expenditures (PCE) decreased $20.2 billion, or 0.2 % .
- The September 2012 international trade deficit decreased 5.1% from August, to $41.5 billion. Exports rose 3.1%, to $187.0 billion, and imports increased 1.5%, to $228.5 billion.
- Private employment fell by 5,900 in October 2012 after a decline of 9,700 jobs in September. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour).
- The unemployment fell from 9.5% in September 2012 to 9.3% in October. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour).
- The Manhattan hotel occupancy rate in September 2012 was 89.2%, down from 90.2% in September 2011. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour).
US Investments into the UK
- Technology Crossover Ventures Opens London Office
- Genesis Gaming Announces New Office in London
- Santron Capital Partners Opens UK Office
- SumTotal Systems Opens New EMEA Headquarters in UK
UK Investments into the US
- Griffin Law Opens Office in the US
- Rolls-Royce to Expand Plant in the US