- Gross Domestic Product in volume terms fell 0.4%(revised from the 0.5% fall published in August).
- CPI annual inflation was 2.5% in August, down from 2.6% in July. RPI annual inflation was 2.9% in August, down from 3.2% in July.
- Service sector output increased 0.7% in July 2012 compared to July 2011.
- London’s annual growth in output decreased to 0.5% in Q1 2012 from 1.2% in Q4 2011.
- London’s annual employment growth increased to 0.7% in Q1 2012 from an upwardly revised -0.1% in Q4 2011.
- Annual house price inflation in London was 6.2% in Q2 2012, up from 2.3% in Q1 2012.
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) increased at an annual rate of 1.3% in the second quarter of 2012. In the first quarter, real GDP incresaed 2.0%.
- In August 2012. Personal income increased $15.0 billion, or 0.1%, disposable personal income (DPI) increased $12.5 billion, or 0.1% , and Personal consumption expenditures (PCE) increased $57.2 billion, or 0.5%.
- The U.S. current account deficit decreased to $117.4 billion or 3.0% of gross domestic product (GDP) in the second quarter of 2012, down from $133.6 billion (revised) or 3.5% of GDP in the first quarter of 2012.
- Private sector employment rose by 15,000 in July 2012 after an increase of 8,300 jobs in June. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
- The unemployment rate remained at 10.0% between June and July 2012. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
- The Manhattan hotel occupancy rate in July 2012 was 90.1%, up from 89.0% in July 2011. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
US Investments into the UK
- Visual IQ Opens Euriopean HQ in London
- Kaltura Opens European HQ in UK
- Peregrine Semiconductor Expands European Operations
- Microsoft Launches Studio in UK
- TSYS Establishes UK Financial Services Centre
UK Investments into the US
- UK’s Beardow Adams to Open Plant in Charlotte
- Maney Publishing Opens New US Office
- FT Technologies Launches Office in the US
Figures and data generously provided by BritishAmerican Business