- CPI annual inflation was 4.5% in August, up from 4.4% in July. RPI annual inflation was 5.2%, in August, up from 5.0% in July.
- Year on year, all retail sales saw: no growth in the volume of sales between August 2010 and August 2011, the value of sales increase by 4.7% between August 2010 and August 2011. Month on month, all retail sales saw: the volume of sales decreased by 0.2% between July 2011 and August 2011, no growth in the value of retail sales over the same period.
- The employment rate for the three months to July was 70.5% and there were 29.17 million employed people. The unemployment rate was 7.9% and there were 2.51 million unemployed people.
- London’s annual growth in output decreased to 2.5% in Q1 2011 from 2.7% in Q4 2010.
- London’s annual employment growth increased to -0.6% in Q1 2011 from -1.0% in Q4 2010.
- Annual house price inflation in London decreased to 2.2% in Q2 2011, from 4.4% in Q1 2011.
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) grew at an annual rate of 1.3% in the second quarter of 2011. This follows a growth rate of 0.4% in the first quarter of 2011.
- Personal income increased $18.7 billion, or 0.1%, and disposable personal income (DPI) increased $16.3 billion, or 0.1%, in June, Personal consumption expenditures (PCE) decreased $21.9 billion, or 0.2%
- Corporate profits grew 2.3% in the fourth quarter of 2010 and grew 29.2% in 2010 overall.
- Private employment rose by 19,300 in July 2011, after an increase of 5,800 jobs in June. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
- The unemployment rate remained at 8.7% between June and July 2011. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
- The Manhattan hotel occupancy rate in July 2011 was 89.0%, up from 88.2% in July 2010. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
USA Investments into the UK
- Allison & Partners Opens London Office
- Buddy Media Opens European HQ in London
- Verocel Opens Office in UK
- YuMe Chooses UK for First European Office