UK Investment news
- GDP growth contracted by 0.5% in the latest quarter, revised from a fall of 0.6% previously published. GDP in the fourth quarter of 2010 is now 1.5% higher than the fourth quarter of 2009.
- CPI annual inflation was 4.4% in February 2011, up from 4.0% in January. In the year to February 2011, RPI annual inflation was 5.5%, up from 5.1% in January.
- Year on year, output of the Service sector for January 2011 rose 2.2% compared with January 2010.
London Investment news
- London’s annual growth in output increased to 3.5% in Q3 2010 from a downwardly revised 2.3% in Q2 2010.
- London’s annual employment growth was -1.4% in Q3 2010 unchanged from a downwardly revised -1.4% in Q2 2010.
- Annual house price inflation in London decreased to 8.0% in Q4 2010, from 11.9% in Q3 2010.
USA Investment news
- Real gross domestic product (GDP) grew at an annual rate of 3.1% in the fourth quarter of 2010. This follows a growth rate of 2.6% in the third quarter. Real GDP grew 2.9% in 2010 overall.
- Corporate profits grew 2.3%in the fourth quarter of 2010 and grew 29.2% in 2010 overall.
- Personal income increased $57.6 billion, or 0.5%, and disposable personal income (DPI) increased $48.3 billion, or 0.4%, in October 2010.
New York Investment news
- Private employment rose by 21,300 in January 2011, after a decrease of 22,500 jobs in December 2010. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
- The unemployment rate rose to 8.9% in January 2011 from 8.8% in December 2010. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)
- The Manhattan hotel occupancy rate in January 2011 was 66.0%, down from 68.4% in January 2010. (Source: New York State Dept. of Labour)