Our sister company, Sable Group, has put together the top 20 points from the 2014 Autumn Statement.
1. Business rates
- Small business rate relief will be doubled for another year.
- The inflation-linked increases to business rates will be capped at 2%.
- There will be a review of the structure of business rates.
- The business rates discount for certain high street shops will increase by 50% to £1,500.
2. Research and development
- Research and development tax credit will increase to 230% for small and medium-sized businesses and 11% for large firms.
3. Business finance
- The British Business Bank will be expanded.
- The Funding for Lending Scheme will be extended by a year until January 2016.
4. National Insurance
- Businesses will not have to pay National Insurance contributions when they hire apprentices who are under 25, up to the upper earnings limit.
- National Insurance contributions for employing anyone under 21 will be abolished from April 2015.