UK SMEs can now apply for IT and digital support worth up to £2,000, after the UK IT Association (UKITA) joined the government’s Growth Voucher programme.
The programme aims to boost SME growth by subsidising the cost of specialist business support. Businesses must match the amount of any funding awarded and can then claim 50% cash back using their Growth Vouchers.
Businesses are eligible for the programme if they have:
- been trading for at least 1 year
- 49 employees or fewer
- not sought advice in the last 3 years.
Around 20,000 businesses will be eligible for funding under the scheme, which runs until March 2015.
The support available from UKITA members applies to the following types of IT and digital advice:
- improving customer online experience
- planning digital projects
- automating business activities
- selling online
- analysing technology usage
- your online visibility.